Site C Worker Accommodations & Office Project
Client: BC Hydro
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Radloff & Associates was retained as Owner's Engineer to provide extensive consulting and design services for this $470 million project. This was a design/build project that included the following Phases:
- Indicative Design – Radloff provided indicative designs and performance specifications for Site C water, sewer, parking, roads, stormwater and building infrastructure. Water and sewer services were for a population of 2200 people. Included in this phase was the development of master and functional programs and instituting a comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) framework.
- Design Development and Specifications – Radloff was tasked with reviewing detailed design drawings and specifications associated with all disciplines involved in the design of the Worker Accommodation Facility.
- Construction Documentation – Radloff reviewed all construction drawings associated with the project and provided design liaison support to BC Hydro for the selection of camp finishings.
- Construction – Radloff performed inspections of manufacturing processes and onsite construction and provided associated detailed inspection reporting. All project completion documentation was also reviewed to ensure all required permits, inspections and tests were performed as part of the construction of the Worker Accommodation Facility.
- Operations – Radloff coordinated and performed detailed reviews of all operations related plans and procedures.
Project Team Participation:
Bob Radloff, P.Eng. – Project Manager/Senior Civil Engineer
Justin Carsley, BCom, EIT – Project Coordinator/Inspector