Feb 19, 2019
R. Radloff and Associates Inc., a leading Civil Engineering firm, has an immediate job opening for an experienced Civil Technologist to join their Prince George, BC office. In this position you will be part of a growing team that is committed to exceeding customer expectations at all stages of the engineering process.
We are proud to be a Northern BC based company that has built our foundation of success on understanding our clients and the challenges they face. This local knowledge, combined with our range of expertise and depth of experience, helps us meet the unique challenges of every project and better understand the role of sustainable solutions in all phases of a project’s life cycle.
As a smaller company, we are able to offer motivated individuals excellent opportunities for advancement and skills development. This position offers employees the chance to participate in advanced technical work, including planning and civil/municipal design, as well as site survey, construction supervision, and project management.
Radloff offers industry-competitive salaries, an excellent benefits plan, a group RRSP program, and a challenging responsive working environment where you will be a valued member of our team.
- Work with a team of engineers and technicians to produce engineering designs and drawings that exceed our client’s expectations and industry standards
- Transform preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs, primarily using Civil 3D, as well as other technical software
- Undertake engineering calculations in support of design production
- Work within a team to prepare proposals, construction cost estimates, tender documents, and reports
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards (OQM) are achieved
- Liaise effectively with clients, contractors, colleagues, and other affected stakeholders throughout the duration of a project
- Proactively anticipate and identify potential project issues and facilitate corrective measures
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, plus 2 to 5 years of experience in municipal or infrastructure design and construction
- Member in good standing of the ASTTBC
- Advanced proficiency in Civil 3D software and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Exhibit attention to details and strong communication skills (proven ability to produce accurate drawings, field notes, & reports)
- Exhibit the ability to work both independently and within a busy, high-performing team
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Resume and cover letter should be sent to Jane Radloff, Office Manager at:
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.