Senior Engineering Technologist Supervisor
Oct 8, 2019
The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for workload assignment and quality control for up to eight technical personnel performing civil engineering assignments.
This position also provides advanced technical work of a civil engineering nature including planning and design of civil/municipal works as well as site survey, construction supervision and project management for these projects.
- Supervising and providing Quality Control for eight technical personnel.
- Designing civil/municipal works for project types including: transportation, water, wastewater, drainage, facilities, and subdivisions.
- Preparing engineering drawings and using computer aided drafting methods
- Developing project quantities and cost estimates
- Scheduling and managing the workload of the in-house technical design group in collaboration with Project Managers
Project Planning/Asset Management
- Coordinating technical support for capital projects which involves: supervising the preparation of material lists & cost estimates; obtaining design criteria such as survey, geotechnical, drafting work; and consulting with operations personnel. Outputs include: direction to junior personnel who are to produce surveys, designs, and contract documents.
- Managing the workload of the technical/design group and providing Quality Control for the final product.
- Initiating and providing background information and reviews as well as providing recommendations for equipment, internal processes, and personnel selection.
- Supervising field inspections and survey for constructed works for compliance with approved design.
- Developing and maintaining good external contacts on-site contractors, suppliers, distributers, government officials, private organizations, and utility groups on matters relating to municipal projects and industry practice.
- Resolving complaints and responding to inquiries regarding the technical design group’s work products.
- Meeting with sub-consultants, contractors, managers, other staff to provide senior technical input, direction, and recommendations respecting designs, surveys, and contract documents.
- Investigating and researching technical issues.
- Working closely with the Radloff staff team to ensure project development, initiatives, studies, and reports are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performing other related duties as required
Education & Experience Requirements
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, or a related field, from an accredited technical institute
- Eligible for registration as a Technician or Technologist with the ASTTBC
- Computer and related software, general office equipment
- Minimum 15 years of experience in municipal engineering
- Valid BC Driver’s license, Class 5
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of design concepts related to municipal engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of municipal, provincial and federal regulations related to land and infrastructure development
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill with the latest version of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Excel, and Word, as well as, other applicable software
- Considerable knowledge of complex technical and legislative regulations regarding land development
- Construction and site survey using total station and GPS technology
- Ability to co-ordinate design and construction projects
- Ability to work with limited supervision
R. Radloff and Associates, a leading Civil Engineering firm, has an immediate job opening for a Senior Engineering Technologist to join their Prince George office. In this position you will be part of a growing team that is committed to exceeding customer expectations at all stages of the engineering process.
Working within an experienced team of engineers and technologists, you will primarily be focusing on municipal infrastructure and large scale commercial land development projects throughout BC. You will be involved in all stages of the projects, including the preparation of conceptual and working drawings, surveying, cost estimates, material specifications, site inspections, and contract administration. Areas of work will include roadway, water distribution, wastewater collection and pumping, and storm water management projects.
The ideal candidate will have 15 years of experience within a consulting, engineering company and have excellent knowledge of Northern design practices. Being a team player and a strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills is considered an important asset. A Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a related discipline is required along with accreditation or eligibility for accreditation with ASTTBC. A strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is required and being fluent with MS Office software, specifically Excel, is also considered an asset.
If having the opportunity to work towards a leadership role in the short to medium terms is important to you then your experience and drive will be rewarded with an industry competitive salary, excellent benefits.
If this sounds like a role you would be a good fit for, apply now with your up to date resume.
Resume and cover letter should be sent to Jane Radloff, Office Manager at:
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Our Mission is to specialize in civil and related mechanical engineering, planning, and consulting in order to provide our clients with exceptional services that support community growth and development.
EXPERTISE - PROJECT PROFILES
In 2016 the Village of Valemount completed an Affordable Housing Needs & Demands Assessment to establish a diverse housing supply that aligns with the communities current and future needs. The assessment found that low and modest income households in Valemount are likely to have fewer... READ MORE